Interprofessional Care of Patients with Chronic Conditions
During the Interprofessional Care of Chronic Conditions Clerkship, the student is expected to:
- Acquire knowledge about the types and cultural context of chronic illness, the cultural factors affecting world view and health care system factors.
- Acquire knowledge and articulate the roles of the interprofessional team members in these evaluation and management processes.
- Acquire the technical skills required to provide care for patients with chronic conditions and identify/differentiate acute illness from “acute¬on¬chronic” exacerbation in patients with chronic morbidity.
- Act as an interprofessional health care team member for patients, reviewing the care plan with the patient, and identifying appropriate resources in their follow up care plan.
- Develop the attitudes and values that will foster and support well-coordinated, compassionate, inter¬ professional, patient centered care;
- Obtain the foundation for high quality interprofessional care of chronic conditions for advanced study during post-graduate training.