Thank you for your interest in applying for a clinical elective as a 4th year visiting student at Cooper Medical School of Rowan University. We welcome you to apply for a visiting rotation with us to expand your learning experiences but do not guarantee an invitation for a residency interview based upon acceptance and/or completion of a visiting rotation.
Cooper Medical School of Rowan University uses the Visiting Student Learning Opportunities Program (VSLO) for all visiting student 4th year senior elective applications. Electives are only offered to 4th year medical students enrolled in a U.S. or Canadian LCME-accredited medical school or a school of osteopathic medicine accredited by the COCA.
Application submission and acceptance begins April 1, 2019. Please view the CMSRU Elective Catalog and the CMSRU Block Schedule for available electives and rotation dates. All visiting students will be notified through VSLO of the status of their application.
VSLO Application Requirements:
- Visiting Student Attestation Form
- AAMC Standardized Immunization Form and applicable supporting documentation
- Criminal Background Check (dated July 1, 2018 or newer)
- Home Institution Verification:
- Confirmation of current BLS
- Current Medical Liability and/or Malpractice Insurance - Aggregate 3 million, Per Instance 1 million
- Confirmation student passed USMLE Step 1 or COMLEX-USA Level 1
- Confirmation of good Academic Standing
- Confirmation of OSHA, mask fit test, and HIPAA
- Completion of 3rd year core clerkships/required rotations
- Fourth-year Student Ackowledgement
- Copy of Current/Valid BLS
Please complete the following:
- Needle Sticks and Bodily Fluid Exposures Policy (please read)
- Technical Standards Policy (please read)
- Professional Appearance Policy (please read)
- Visiting Student Attestation Form
- AAMC Standardized Immunization Form
- Criminal Background Check
Criminal Background Checks will be completed directly through Certiphi (Certiphi website information will be updated). You will be billed directly for this service. If a Criminal Background Check has been completed by your school within one (1) year of the current academic term, you may upload a copy of the results to your VSLO application.
- Post-decision requirements and other applicable application materials must be submitted no later than two weeks from date of conditional offer.
- Processing fee must be received no later than six weeks prior to the start of the rotation.
- Pre-Clinical and 3rd Year students are not eligible to apply for enrollment.
- Electives are only offered to 4th year medical students enrolled in a U.S. or Canadian LCME or COCA accredited medical school.
- All courses close 5 weeks (35 days) prior to the start of the Elective, including Elective withdraws and changes. No applicants will be accepted into Electives after this time.
- Acceptance into most electives is based on a first come basis, confirmation that all requirements have been met and receipt of all required forms.
- No visiting student may accumulate more than 8 weeks of electives.
- Two and one-half days per elective rotation are allowable excused absences.
- Housing is not provided by CMSRU (students should search the AAMC rotating room list: rotatingroom.com for information about temporary housing and sublets).
- Students must adhere to the rotation dates offered through VSLO. Alternate date requests will not be accepted.
- There is a processing fee of $75. Checks or money orders are to be made out to Rowan University and mailed to: Visiting Students; CMSRU; 401 South Broadway; Camden, NJ 08103
For additional information about the Visiting Student Learning Opportunities Program (VSLO) or problems with your VSLO account, contact the AAMC at: firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone: (202) 478-9878.