Invited candidates will receive an email with instructions to schedule an interview using our online application system. Any applicant needing to request a change in scheduled interview dates must contact the Office of Admissions for assistance
Our goal is to host a virtual interview day program that will allow both you, as an applicant, and CMSRU, as a school, to gather reliable, valid information and provide a fair experience for all participants. Our interview format has been designed to give us insight into the character of each applicant. It is meant to be a relaxed conversation and not an interrogation. The virtual interview format is new to CMSRU and we acknowledge the unusual circumstances created by the coronavirus pandemic. Our intent is to keep the process transparent and as straightforward as possible for you as an applicant. We also acknowledge that unforeseen circumstances may arise that could impact a scheduled interview session and that we will work together with you to minimize and respond to these.
The planned program for the 2022 application cycle will include the following:
- A virtual log-in and opportunity to meet the admissions staff
- A live orientation and welcome with our Dean, Dr. Annette Reboli
- Recorded presentations from our Office of Medical Education on topics including our innovative medical education program, our simulation center, and our three-year primary care track (PC3 program)
- Recorded presentations from our Office of Student Affairs on topics including student support, wellness, and financial aid
- A live question-and-answer session with the Office of Admissions leadership team
- A live interview, lasting approximately 30 minutes, simultaneously conducted by both a member of our Admissions Committee, as well as a “blinded” faculty member or student
- A virtual tour of our medical school building
- Live, informal meet-and-greet and question-and-answer sessions with our current students
The WebEx platform will be used for all virtual meetings and interviews conducted on your Virtual Interview Day.
You will be able to access recorded sessions at your convenience any time during the week of your scheduled interview.
If you are unfamiliar with how to join a WebEx Session please refer to How to Join a WebEx Session for information on how to join.
This will allow you to set-up your device correctly so you can fully participate. Please be sure to do this from the device and internet connection you plan on using on your Virtual Interview Day.
- Go to WebEx's Test Meeting page.
- Enter your name and email address, then click the blue Join button.
- If prompted, download and install the Cisco WebEx application for your device.
- When you have entered the Test Meeting, go to the menu bar and select Audio >> Speaker, Microphone, and Camera to test your speakers, microphone, and camera. You can also change your selected inputs/outputs from this menu.
This information will be used by the Admissions Committee to help make sure that applicants are in the correct sessions at the correct times.
|8:30 am - 9:00 am||Virtual Sign-in Available|
|9:00 am - 9:40 am||
Welcome & Live ProgramWilliam Kocher, MD, Associate Dean of Admissions
Annette Reboli, MD, Dean, Cooper Medical School of Rowan University
|9:45 am - 10:10 am||
Interactive Question & Answer SessionWilliam Kocher, MD, Associate Dean of Admissions
Applicant Send Off
In advance of the interview day applicants will receive a personalized e-mail that contains a link to participate in a virtual interview with the admissions committee member for one of the 30 minute time slots listed below.
Please note that we are unable to accomodate requests for specific time slots.
|Interview Time Slots||
|12:30 pm - 1:00 pm||Student Hosted Meet and Greet Session|
|1:00 pm - 1:30 pm||
Various Discussion Group Hosted by StudentsThe links to access these groups will be available in your personalized email.
MD Educational Program Videos
- Susan Perlis, EdD, Associate Dean for Medical Education
Components of Medical Education Program (26:52)
- Amanda Burden, MD, Director of Simulation
Clinical Skills & Simulation Center at CMSRU (11:00)
- Camille Henry, MD, PC3 Director
CMSRU's Accelerated 3-Year Primary Care Track (13:00)
Student Affairs Office Videos
- Erin Pukenas, MD, Assistant Dean for Student Affairs
Marion Lombardi, EdD, Chief Student Affairs Officer
Rosemarie Loughlin, MA, Advisory Colleges and Wellness Program Specialist
Office of Student Affairs Overview and Services (19:00)
- Kyhna Bryant, MS, Assistant Director of Financial Aid
Financial Aid Assistance (15:48)
Research at CMSRU
- Darren Boehning - Assistant Dean for Research
Research at CMSRU (4:32)
- Nisa Mohammed - M2 Student (0:53)
- Matthew Holmes - SGA (1:37)
- Peter Sutton - M2 Student (0:46)
- Rowan Cooper Clinic - Student Video 1 (3:12)
- Rowan Cooper Clinic - Student Video 2 (0:47)
- AMPSA Interview Day (2:42)
- LMSA Welcome Video (2:23)
CMSRU History, Awards and Facilities
Pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and supporting regulations, Rowan does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the education programs or activities that it operates; this extends to admission and employment.
Inquiries about the application of Title IX and its supporting regulations may be directed to the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education or to the University’s Associate Vice President and Title IX Coordinator:
Monise Princilus, Ed.S.
Associate Vice President and Title IX Coordinator
Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Office of Student Equity & Compliance